POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : problem with GTTree plugin and POV3.5 : Re: problem with GTTree plugin and POV3.5 Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:30:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem with GTTree plugin and POV3.5
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 21 Feb 2002 12:52:12
Message: <rpca7u8qc3m7at5a7imddrhtp387sgutdj@4ax.com>
Hi anoop, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Gilles Tran's GTTree plugin crashes both Moray3.3 and Povray3.5.Works fine
> with scenes without the plug, as also when using Megapov (with the plugin)
I assume by crash you mean a freeze, i.e. both programs no longer
respond? Not a crash with a Windows error dialog.
If that is the case, POV-Ray is probably running into a parser error.

Try this workaround from a previous article in this newsgroup:

When POV-Ray encounters an error in the POV file that Moray has fed
it, it currently hangs and cannot be recovered, Moray goes into
slow-motion mode.

Workaround is to disable the following two menu items in POV-Ray:

Editor|Auto-Load Error File
Editor|Auto-Show Parse Messages

This will make POV-Ray not crash. You can still see the error message
in the message pane of POV-Ray.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray